Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stars (Temporary title)

I wrote a new song. It's probably my most unique song. I imagine it being a rather epic sounding ballad. It's temporarily titled "Stars". I think it needs a better name though. I'm not good at naming. Haha.

Let me know what you think!


God bless!
~Katie K.


Dead trees sway,
All around the icy cold lake,
You've reason to be afraid,
Standing there,
Shaking in dread fear,

Voices whisper,
"You could always turn back,
To the realm of black,"
Voices whisper,
"Just follow the shining stars,
To God,"

Grace shines bright,
Like a northern star,
Dancing in the dead of night,
Healing broken hearts,
So theycan once more fly,

Standing at the water's edge,
I know you can cross the waves,
Though there is no bridge,
You're not alone, have faith,

And voices whisper,
"You could always turn back,
To the realm of black,"
Voices whisper,
"Just follow the shining stars,
To God,"

Grace shines bright,
Like a northern star,
Dancing in the dead of night,
Healing broken hearts,
So they can once more fly,

It's starting to rain,
Just take my hand,
And cross the waves,
I'll lead you to dry land,

Voices whisper,
"You could always turn back,
To the realm of black,"
Voices whisper,
"Just follow the shining stars,
To God,"

Grace shines bright,
Like a northern star,
Dancing in the dead of night,
Healing broken hearts,
So they can once more fly.


4 comments:

Lula said...

Ohh this actually gave me goosebumps. I can imagine this starting out gently, then slowly building into a powerful crescendo then bam! Gentle again.
I like the "voices whisper." It adds an element of mystery while painting a real picture.

Katie Knight said...

Oh wow! So you totally got the feel I was hoping people would get from it! Glad you like it!
I really liked the "voices whisper" part myself, but Daddy thought I might try explaining what the different voices were... i didn't care for that idea, but what do you think? He also thought that instead of:
"Just follow the shining stars, to God,"
I should make it:
"Just follow the shining stars, to the One that makes them shine."
I dunno though. What do you think?

Also, can you think of a better name than "Stars"?

Wow, i just bombarded you with questions here and comments on your blog. Haha.

God bless!
~Katie K.

Daddy said...

I was only thinking of a singular word modifier on the voices but they work the way you explained them as well.

My concern is that with the flowing nature of the song the on set of lines that ends "To God" is abrupt and losses the flow of the song. By changing it as I suggested the song's flow is maintained and the poetic symmetry is maintained. Therefore the listener is not brought out of the song due to an abrupt change in rhythm.

Bekah said...

Well, as you know, I don't care for the music you like, but these are great words!

Wow, Katie-girl! You did a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!