Friday, March 4, 2011

I HAVE A NEW BROTHER!!!!

The title says it all.

However, there is a story to tell, and I know that everyone is curious, so I'll tell it.

At 4:00 AM this morning, Daddy woke Adam and I up and called us to his room. We were told that he was taking Momma to the hospital, not because she was in labor, (she was in pre-labor, but not actual labor yet.) but because Momma wasn't feeling any movement from the baby when she should've been. And it was kind of scary.
Thankfully after a while she stared feeling movement again. However, they decided to continue on to the hospital to make sure that the baby was okay, and Momma was having blood pressure issues.
And then thank God, they found out that the little guy was just fine. They decided to go ahead and do the c-section. So at 9:03 AM, Friday, March 4th 2011, my little brother (not putting his name on here. Sorry.) was born, weighing a good 10 pounds and 5 ounces.

I went to see him this afternoon. Unfortunately, I cannot post pictures yet because we're leaving the camera at the hospital for now, but he's gorgeous! A head full of hair, the sweetest face with a dimple in his chin and big blue eyes! I'm so glad to have him!
Wildchild was excited about him. He kept messing his toes, and kissing him, and stressing that the baby was his baby. Haha, it was soooooo cute!!

Momma and my new brother will be home in a few days. Both are doing well.

Ah, and there's even more insanity... I'm going to my cousin's wedding shower this Sunday, (I'm a bridesmaid, it's kind of important that I make it!) and on Tuesday probably, we've got all kinds of family visiting, and my older brother is getting a dog. (More on the dog later.)

So yeah, life'll be crazy! It's good though, it's all good. :)


Okay, I might be able to drag this post on longer, but I'm tired, not enough sleep the past couple days and lots of excitement, so I'll just try to give more details later...

God bless!
~Katie K.

4 comments:

Marissa said...

ahh!! Congrats to you and your family!! He's a big boy and I'm glad that he and your momma are doing well :) there's nothing like a brand new baby in the house to love on ;)

much love,
Samarah♥

Asami said...

That is..wow! Congratulations! I’m so happy for you guys! I can’t wait to see pictures!!! ^_^
Aw, cute Wildchild.
Sounds like you’ve got a lot of stuff ahead of you. Don’t get too overwhelmed! Hope you have fun!! :D

~Taylor

Anna said...

Hurray! I can't wait to see pictures of him, he sounds so cute! <3 I'm glad your mom and him are doing good!

I had fun talking with you on the phone last night!

<3
-A

Gurtrude said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! 10 pounds! Wow!