Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ah, Just Lovely

I don't know about you, but I do believe I had a simply amazing Thanksgiving. We got the hardest of the cooking done the day before, so we got things done pretty quickly on Thanksgiving day. We watched the parade, it's a tradition, but it was boring... And the singers weren't very good, but oh well. It's a tradition, and I enjoy it for some strange reason. lol. We had the feast ready by two, so we ate then. It was really good! I like the candied sweet potatoes and the corn casserole best... YUM! Especially the candied sweet potatoes.
After eating, some people went to watch football, others played a board game. I was feeling rather restless so neither held any appeal to me, I took the camera out and took a lot of pictures outside of the lovely, but cold day. I should've worn gloves because my fingers got quite numb before I finally went inside. lol. There were so many lovely things to capture! And I was having fun playing around with angles, so precious few pictures came out very well. :-P Though there was a picture that a blue heron (I think it was a blue heron, I didn't get a very good look at it.) flew right into. That was cool. I hadn't expected it, but it made the picture so much cooler! I like blue herons...
Anyway, we just kind of snacked and hung out and had a lovely day for the rest of Thanksgiving. We played Life. I'd never played before, but it was fun. Even though I came in last... I started out really strong, got my dream career, had the best salary, got married, bought a lovely log cabin, but then I lost my awesome salary and got a terrible one, had a mid-life crisis and became an athlete, got a slightly better salary with that, but it was too late, everything had already fallen apart for me... I retired to a poor life. Best part of my life was my husband and three sons. Haha. Glad that was just a game and not my real life! I'd HATE to be an athlete. Wonder what my real life as an adult will be? I'll be 18 in almost exactly two years...

We've started decorating for Christmas. Gotta say I love, love doing that! Everything starts to look so lovely... :-) Not to mention it means that I get the awesomest birthday decorations. ;-)
Tis truly starting to feel like Christmastime! Cooler weather, lights, Christmas music, etc. It really is my favorite time of year. Just lovely... :)

God bless,
And merry Christmas everyone!
~Katie K.


No comments: