Saturday, January 15, 2011

Half A Month Into The Year And...

..It stinks. For me at least. Hopefully it's been better for you!
Actually, I shouldn't complain. It could be worse. Much, much, much worse. Like, instead of popping my knee in and out of joint and being forced off of my feet for a while, I could've broken my knee and been in a world of hurt!
Instead of a slight but persistent toothache, I could have a serious and persistent toothache that made it impossible to eat!
Instead of a sore throat and stuffy nose I could have... Strep throat and the flu! (Or worse!)
Instead of painfully losing one friend, I could've painfully lost all of my friends.

The list goes on and on, and on, and on...

Yeah, life can seem pretty stinky at times. It kinda seems that way for me right now. Kinda strange though, I know that there are many people who would look at my life and would be happy to trade with me! My life isn't so bad! It's a million times better than dying of some deadly disease. It's a ton better than being abused by someone who should love you. It's better than living in a remote country and starving.

Tons of ways my life could be worse. Actually, even though I'm having a rough time, I'm starting to be quite thankful that I've got such small problems! What right have I to complain? Yes, I know even small things can hurt a lot, I've experienced that pain. Just earlier today I was actually fighting depression! Seems pretty silly now!

Life is full of pain. Some people get more than others. I've been blessed to live a life like mine. There have been genuinely painful moments in my life, and it's okay to hurt, but not to complain. God is good. Let's learn to praise Him even when we hurt.

God bless you all!
~Katie K

2 comments:

Anna said...

That is so true Katie! We think we have a rough life, yet really, its an easy life compared to some peoples!

Love you! ♥
~A ♪♫♪♫♪♫

Jessica Rebekah said...

Aw,I'm sorry you're having such a rough time! :( But you're right it could have been worse but it's not. :) I know how you feel though. I know I sometimes complain about the "small" problems, life is full of problems but I'm so thankful that I have Christ! :) He indeed is good!

Praying for you and trust you'll feel better soon!

Love you!
~Jess