Monday, July 4, 2011

Doors Are Dangerous! Use With Caution.

First, I'd like to say HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, EVERYONE! :D

I posted this on Facebook earlier.
Today is Independence Day. The day we celebrate this country and it's wonderful freedoms. (That we are slowly losing.) Let us remember that though our military protects our freedom on the outside, they don't from the inside. It is the choices of each of us, the people of America (citizens and government alike) that will protect or destroy our independence.
Remember that Freedom comes at a price.

My favorite singer posted this quote today and I wanted to share.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed it ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

--
So, now you may be wondering about the title of this post. Well, yesterday, I opened a door at Sears and accidentally pulled it over my foot, (I was wearing flip flops) and the next thing I knew I was bleeding faster than I'd ever bled before. Typical me though, I stuck a kneenex between my toes to slow the bleeding and quickly continued my mission. However, I was losing enough blood that I went into minor shock and got all shaky and weird. When I got back out to the car, my mom (who'd been circling the mall while waiting on me to get back.) took one quick look at it and said I'd need to see a doctor. Great... So, we talked to the manager at Sears and filed an injury report (we're hoping they'll pay the medical expenses.) and then went to a clinic.
Twelve stitches later and I still held my reputation of being calm and tough wherever doctors and tough situations are involved. But I left blood all over...

Well, that was an adventure!

God bless!
~Katie K.

No comments: